2|Entertain have sent DWO the cover and details for the January 2011 DVD release of The Mutants.
Featuring: Jon Pertwee as The Third Doctor
The Time Lords send the Doctor and Jo on a mission to deliver a sealed message pod to an unknown party aboard a Skybase orbiting the planet Solos in the 30th century.
Solos is due to gain independence from Earth's empire but its Marshal is determined to prevent this. He arranges the murder of the Earth Administrator and, with his chief scientist Jaeger, plans to transform Solo's atmosphere into one more suited to humans.
Ky, a young Solonian leader, is falsely accused of the murder and flees to the planet, taking Jo with him. The Doctor follows and joins them in an old thaesium mine. Ky turns out to be the intended recipient of the message pod, which opens automatically for him. Inside are stone tablets carved with ancient inscriptions...
Disc 1- Episodes
• 6 x 25 mins approx colour episodes with mono audio.
• Commentary - stereo. With actors Katy Manning and Garrick Hagon, director Christopher Barry, script editor Terrance Dicks, co-writer Bob Baker, special sounds supervisor Brian Hodgson and designer Jeremy Bear. Moderated by Nicholas Pegg.
• Coming Soon (dur. Approx 1’) - a trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.
• Programme subtitles.
• Subtitle Production Notes.
Disc 2 – DVD Extras
• Mutt Mad (dur. 20’ 43”) – cast and crew look back at the making of the story. With actor Garrick Hagon, producer Barry Letts, director Christopher Barry, co-writer Bob Baker, script editor Terrance Dicks and designer Jeremy Bear.
• Race Against Time (dur. 37’ 38”) - Noel Clarke narrates a documentary looking at the representation of black actors in Doctor Who and on British TV as a whole. With writer and critic Bidisha, writer Stephen Bourne, actor Fraser James, and Doctor Who Magazine’s assistant editor Peter Ware. Narrated by Noel Clarke.
• Dressing Doctor Who (dur. 27’ 04”) – three-times Academy Award winning costume designer James Acheson takes an affectionate look back over his earlier work on Doctor Who from his home in New Zealand. Narrated by Simon Ockendon.
• Blue Peter (dur. 1’ 35”) – Peter Purves takes a look at a collection of Doctor Who monsters prior to the opening of an exhibition of visual effects.
• Photo Gallery (dur. 2’ 56”) - production, design and publicity photos from the story.
• Radio Times Listings in Adobe PDF format.