DWO have received the cover and details for the upcoming Doctor Who themed cookbook; Dining With The Doctor.
Your taste buds are about to take a wibbly wobbly, timey wimey adventure through the 2005 Doctor Who reboot. Megafan and food writer Chris-Rachael Oseland spent a year rewatching all of series one through six and experimenting in her kitchen to bring you a fresh recipe for every single episode. The recipes and over 50 photos are collected in the brand new book, Dining With The Doctor: The Unauthorized Whovian Cookbook.
This book is a treat for any Whovian who wants to offer more than a plate of fish fingers and a bowl of custard at your next viewing party. Want to host an elegant dinner party to show off your new T.A.R.D.I.S. corset? Start the evening with a Two Streams Garden Cocktail followed by Baked Hath, Marble Cucumber Circuits with Vesuvian Fire Dipping Sauce, Professor Yana’s Gluten Neutrino Map Binder, Slitheen Eggs, and some of Kazran’s Night Sky Fog Cups for dessert.
If you’re just getting a few friends together to watch the latest episode, why not offer them an Ood Mezze Plate to munch on as stragglers wander in followed by some quick and easy Fish Custard Tacos, Open Faced Dalek Ironsides, Sontaran Soldiers, and a Cinnamon Pull Apart Crack in the Wall. They can wash it all down with a cup of the Pond’s Wedding Punch.
Lets be honest. No Whovian gathering is complete without them, so you also get an entire bonus chapter dedicated to interesting alternative takes on fish fingers and custard.
This comprehensive cookbook includes ingredients in both archaic American and modern Metric measurements, eighteen adult beverages, more than two dozen recipes for vegetarians, twenty that are safe for people with wheat allergies, and ten for the low carb dieters. You’ll be prepared for every possible guest.
- L.I.N.D.A.’s Tardis Wellington (Series 2, Episode 11)
- Donna’s Time Beetle (Series 4, Episode 12)
- Silurian Hot House Salad with Lemon-Lime Vinaigrette (Series 5, Episode 8)
- Extermination Loaf (Series 3, Episode 5)
- Adipose Herbed Butter (Series 4, Episode 2)
- White Chocolate Cybermen Heads (Series 2, Episode 7)
- Liquid Flesh Cocktail (Series 6, Episode 6)
- Baked Hath Served Over Black Beans and Topped With a Red and Green Cabbage Slaw (Series 4, Episode 7)
- Marble Circuits with Fire Dipping Sauce (Series 4, Episode 13)
- Professor Yana’s Gluten Neutrino Map Binder (Series 3, Episode 12)
- Slitheen Eggs (Series 1, Episode 11)
- Kazran’s Night Sky Fog Cups (Series 5, Episode 14)
- Two Streams Garden Cocktail (Series 6, Episode 10)
- Fish Custard Tacos (Series 6, Episode 1)
- Open Faced Dalek Ironsides (Series 5, Episode 3)
- Sontaran Soldiers (Series 4, Episode 5)
- Ood Mezze Plate (Series 4, Episode 4)
- Cinnamon Pull Apart Crack in the Wall (Series 5, Episode 9)
- Blueberry Lemonade Wedding Punch (Series 5, Episode 13)
+ Dining With The Doctor: The Unauthorized Whovian Cookbook is available in book and ebook form via Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
[Source: Chris-Rachael Oseland]