BBC Worldwide are excited to announce that Michelle Gomez and Ingrid Oliver will be joining Peter Capaldi and Steven Moffat at the official Doctor Who Festival, which will take place at ExCeL, London, on the 13th, 14th and 15th November 2015. The Festival will offer fans an exclusive and interactive glimpse into how the inimitable world of Doctor Who is created.
We are also pleased to confirm that photo opportunities* will be available with Peter Capaldi, Ingrid Oliver and Michelle Gomez, plus the opportunity to have an iconic photo taken on the set from Series 9.
In a weekend event like no other, television fans of all ages will be invited to see how one of the UK’s most-loved television programmes is created. Ticket holders will be able to discover the inspiration behind the Doctor’s recent adversaries, the imagination required to create whole new worlds and the ingenuity that goes into designing and making the beautiful backdrops that give Doctor Who its unique look. This Festival is a must-attend event for die-hard Doctor Who fans and for those who want to learn more about television production, with many, many more exciting announcements to come!
Day Ticket Prices:
- Standard ticket: £65
- Standard child ticket: £30
- Standard family ticket: £165
- TARDIS ticket: £110 - SOLD OUT
- TARDIS child ticket: £50 - SOLD OUT
- TARDIS family ticket: £285 - SOLD OUT
- THEATRE SHOWS – exclusive access to the writers and cast from the series as they talk about how to make an idea become reality on a series as big and bold as Doctor Who.
- ON SET PHOTO – photo opportunities on one of the current filming sets.
- WARDROBE DEPARTMENT – an exhibition of costumes and props from the series.
- COSPLAYERS SHOWCASE - where fans can showcase their impressive Doctor Who-themed outfits.
- THE FAN CHALLENGE! –Fans young and old can battle it out in the ultimate test of Doctor Who knowledge in order to be crowned the ultimate fan.
- DRAMA SCHOOL - the techniques and secrets that the cast learn when filming Doctor Who.
- OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE - the ultimate fan shopping experience.
- PRODUCTION VILLAGE – a chance for fans to explore a day in the life of the production team and crew.
- PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES - an opportunity for fans to purchase an individual photograph with the current cast members appearing.
The ticket price includes day entry to the Festival, access to three theatre shows, lanyard, floor planner and all of the above. TARDIS tickets to include the above plus brochure, lounge access, front block theatre show seats and a Doctor Who goody bag! Tickets, further information and monthly newsletters are available from www.doctorwhofestival.com.
Watch the promotional trailer in the player, below:
[Source: BBC Worldwide]