BBC Consumer Products have sent DWO the cover and details for the Doctor Who DVD release of The Mind Of Evil.
The Mind Of Evil
Featuring: The 3rd Doctor
Professor Keller has created a machine that can pacify even the most dangerous of criminals.
But when the Doctor and Jo arrive at Stangmoor Prison for a demonstration, things start to go horribly wrong – especially when they discover that the Doctor’s old enemy the Master is responsible for the machine.
What could he possibly want from the criminals? And what connects him with an impending World Peace Conference?
• 6 x 25 mins approx colour episodes with mono audio.
• Commentary – stereo. With actors Katy Manning, Pik-Sen Lim and Fernanda Marlowe, director Timothy Combe, producer Barry Letts, script editor Terrance Dicks and stunt arranger Derek Ware. Moderated by Toby Hadoke.
• Programme subtitles.
• Subtitle Production Notes.
• The Military Mind (dur. 22’ 43”) – shot back in 2009 on location at Dover Castle, this look at the making of the story is made unexpectedly poignant by the appearance of Nicholas Courtney and Barry Letts, who both passed away in the intervening years. Featuring actors Nicholas Courtney, Pik-Sen Lim and Fernanda Marlow, director Timothy Combe, producer Barry Letts and script editor Terrance Dicks. Narrated by Cameron McEwan.
• Now & Then (dur. 7’ 06”) – the latest in our long-running series visits the filming locations used in the story to see how they have changed over the years.
• Behind the Scenes: Television Centre (dur. 24’ 00”) – back in 1971, at around the time The Mind of Evil was in production, presenter Norman Tozer visited Television Centre to find out what went on over 24 hours in the life of what was then an incredibly busy ‘television factory’.
• Photo Gallery – production, design and publicity photos from the story.
• Coming Soon – a trailer for a forthcoming DVD release.
+ The Mind Of Evil is released on 3rd June 2013, priced £20.42.
+ Compare Prices for this product on CompareTheDalek.com.
[Source: BBC Consumer Products]