Takeover Ad
Takeover Ad
11 September 2011

I know, I know...we only just got done with Series 4 of Torchwood, right? Well, if a certain 10-second teaser at the end of the Australian airing of Torchwood: Miracle Day is anything to be believed by, fans can expect to see more Jack as soon as January 2012.

The 10-second promo (which you can view at the end of this news item), which features the familiar Torchwood 'T' in the background, flashed up with the tagline 'Jack will be back - January 2012'.

Now, let's refresh ourselves with a certain interview with Russell T. Davies from a 26th June 2011 edition of The Guaradian, where he had the following to say regarding more Torchwood:

"It's hugely exciting and I've got to do this again. I've got one more story that I can tell – just one more that has Gwen right at the centre of it – that would be fantastic. So I'm my own worst enemy."

Maybe there will be new Torchwood in January, but with just 4 months to go, surely they're cutting things a little close? Either way, looking at the ratings worldwide for Miracle Day, an official announcement cannot be far off...can it?

UPDATE - 9:50am - Sunday 11th September: It now looks like the teaser is simply to promote a planned series of repeats. More news as we get it.

UPDATE - 1:00pm - Tuesday 13th September: BBC Australia have now added the teaser to their Torchwood dedicated site, citing that 'Jack will be back - keep checking back for updates'.

[Sources: BBC Australia; The Guardian]

Comments (9) -

Joshua
9/11/2011 9:43:41 AM #

Have Australia seen the older Torchwoods? Maybe that's what it means?

Liza
9/11/2011 11:53:45 AM #

"Either way, looking at the ratings worldwide for Miracle Day, an official announcement cannot be far off...can it?"

Yeah, if we're looking at the ratings it'll be the announcement that it's been cancelled.

Nathan
9/12/2011 5:33:07 AM #

LOL @ Liza...

I hope it's not true but she's probably right lol.

Angus
9/13/2011 12:42:52 PM #

It's pretty clear it's referring to a new series, not repeats. The announcement of a new series was inserted by BBC Australia and not UKTV. If they were confirming repeats for next year (which they wouldn't, we've seen every season already, about 5 times), it wouldn't have been shown at the end in the same way.

So, technically this announcement has come from the BBC itself, even if it was Australia who got the info first.

http://www.bbcaustralia.com/torchwood/ < Teaser's up there now

Craig
9/15/2011 8:45:07 AM #

Great news, I was surprised by the short promo.

And yes we have seen the previous seasons here in Australia.

James
9/15/2011 10:51:19 PM #

its a special feature where they are running through every doctor who and torchwood episode jack has been in check it out on bbc ausralia torchwood website. bit of  a disapointment

Gaz
9/17/2011 8:31:56 AM #

On the left hand side of the screen, there is a section called "jack will be back". This tells you that they are running all the old ones in Austrailia. It is NOT new materail.

Craig
9/17/2011 10:02:31 AM #

But that channel has shown the older seasons already, so why make such a big deal about Jack being back in 2012?

I think that site must have been updated since last weekend when I checked it after seeing the promo. Now I'm disappointed.

Chloe
11/26/2011 5:56:35 PM #

Check this out. I dug it up from a youtube video. It does say torchwood will be back, but no confirmed date.

RSS Feed